Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mobile phones

I sent out emails to various Federal Politicians, suggesting we have the same legislation as the US does, as regards to ratings for mobile phones.

I had one assistant ring me to tell me to contact Telstra. To go into a store and ask. OMFG, like I haven't contacted Telstra a billion times already to try and get information from them.

But they missed the point in my email. I want RATINGS on phones. Manufactures can't even tell me what handsets have t-coils in them. I want this information available for every handset, like they do in America.

If a politician can't understand that, then what in hell can be done about it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi nikki, im nikki to, im due my implant early next yr , im 29 and speech tests with 2 aids is 45% . i have the choice between ab and cochlear, still unsure which to pick, im irish and i love ur blog spot which i found thru u tube page.
hope ur doing well.

Nikki said...

Good luck with your implant, I hope you do really well with it :)

Nikki said...

Good luck with your implant, I hope you do really well with it :)

Anonymous said...

The last thing we need is more government regulation of private business. Stop trying to push for concessions because you're disabled.

Nikki said...

Ahh, mate you have the wrong end of the stick. Won't affect small business at all, it will be the big mobile phone manufacturers that will need to provide the information on the packaging, something they do for the US market already.

And considering users of mobile phones are getting older, losing hearing and gaining hearing aids, something like that would benefit a lot of the population in the long term.